Kathleen Meyers, PhD
Dr. Kathleen Meyers has dedicated her career to clinical research in adolescent substance use disorders (SUD), and is a recognized leader in the assessment and treatment of adolescent SUD, delinquency, and co-morbidity. She is the author of the Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Inventory (CASI), a multidimensional assessment instrument for youth with substance use and mental health disorders used throughout the United States, Canada and abroad. Dr. Meyers' research has been funded through the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) and The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP).
- Vice President of Research at Philadelphia Safe and Sound
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- PhD, 1999, Temple University, Educational Psychology
- MS, 1983, Hahnemann University, Evaluation and Applied Research
- Meyers, K., Webb, A., Frantz, J., Randall, M. (2003). What does it take to retain substance-abusing adolescents in research protocols? Delineation of effort required, strategies undertaken, costs incurred, and 6-month post-treatment differences by retention difficulty. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 69(1), 73-85.
- Meyers, K, Hagan T.A., McDermott, P., Webb, A., Randall, M., Frantz, J. (2006). Factor structure of the Comprehensive Adolescent Severity Inventory (CASI). American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse; 32 (3), 287-310.
- Meyers , K., McDermott, P., Webb, A. Hagan T.A. (2006) Mapping the clinical complexities of adolescents with substance use disorders: A typological study. Journal of Child and Adolescent Substance Abuse, 16, 5-24.
- Cagande, C., Dunn, J., Meyers, K., Newmark, T., Rothman, J, & Sanico, J. (in press). A case of self-induced water intoxication (SIWI). Resident and Staff Physician.
- Dembo, R., Wareham, J., Poythress, N., Meyers, K., Cook, B., Schmeidler, J. (in press). Continuities in problem behavior in high-risk youth. Journal of Child and Adolescent Substance Abuse.