Eric A. Youngstrom, PhD
Dr. Youngstrom's areas of specialty are child and adolescent bipolar disorders, evidence-based approaches to assessment, and developmental psychopathology. He served as PI on a five-year study of assessing bipolar disorders in children in community-based mental health settings.
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Associate Director, Center for Excellence in Research and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- PhD, 1998, University of Delaware, Clinical Psychology
- Axelson, D., Findling, R. L., Fristad, M. A., Kowatch, R. A., Youngstrom, E. A., Horwitz, S. M.,...Birmaher, B. (2012). Examining the proposed disruptive mood dysregulation disorder diagnosis in children in the longitudinal assessment of manic symptoms study. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(10), 1342-1350.
- Findling, R. L., Youngstrom, E. A., McNamara, N. K., Stansbrey, R. J., Wynbrandt, J. L., Adegbite, C.,...Calabrese, J. R. (2012). Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled long-term maintenance study of aripiprazole in children with bipolar disorder. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(1), 57-63.
- Frazier, J. A., Giuliano, A. J., Johnson, J. L., Yakutis, L., Youngstrom, E. A., Breiger, D.,...Hooper, S. R. (2012). Neurocognitive outcomes in the treatment of early-onset schizophrenia spectrum disorders study. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 51(5), 496-505.
- Jenkins, M. M., Youngstrom, E. A., Youngstrom, J. K., Feeny, N. C., & Findling, R. L. (2012). Generalizability of evidence-based assessment recommendations for pediatric bipolar disorder. Psychological Assessment, 24(2), 269-281.
- Van Meter, A. R., Youngstrom, E. A., & Findling, R. L. (2012). Cyclothymic disorder: A critical review. Clinical Psychology Review, 32(4), 229-243.
- Benefits of Teaching
- Cultural Differences in the Clinic
- Involving Students in Research
- Let's Collaborate
- Looking for the Signal
- Onion & Garlic Symptoms
- Pick the Tools that Can Answer the Question