Peter Salovey, PhD
Dr. Salovey is one of the preeminent scholars in Emotional Intelligence studies. His research examines the purpose and significance of human emotions to find the most effective way to use that knowledge in the educational and public health sectors, specifically in promoting prevention and early detection for HIV/AIDS and cancer.
- President, Yale University
- Director, Health, Emotion and Behavior Laboratory, Yale University
- Chris Argyris Professor, Psychology, Yale University
- PhD, 1986, Yale University, Clinical Psychology
- Brackett, M. A., Reyes, M. R., Rivers, S. E., Elbertson, N. A., & Salovey, P. (2012). Assessing teachers' beliefs about social and emotional learning. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 30(3), 219-236.
- Latimer, A. E., Krishnan-Sarin, S., Cavallo, D. A., Duhig, A., Salovey, P., & O'Malley, S. A. (2012). Targeted smoking cessation messages for adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 50(1), 47-53.
- Martinez, J. L., Latimer, A. E., Rivers, S. E., & Salovey, P. (2012). Formative research for a community-based message-framing intervention. American Journal of Health Behavior, 36(3), 335-347.
- Reyes, M. R., Brackett, M. A., Rivers, S. E., Elbertson, N. A., & Salovey, P. (2012). The interaction effects of program training, dosage, and implementation quality on targeted student outcomes for the RULER approach to social and emotional learning. School Psychology Review, 41(1), 82-99.
- Rivers, S. E., Brackett, M. A., Reyes, M. R., Mayer, J. D., Caruso, D. R., & Salovey, P. (2012). Measuring emotional intelligence in early adolescence with the MSCEIT-YV: Psychometric properties and relationship with academic performance and psychosocial functioning. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 30(4), 344-366.
- Communicating to a Broader Audience
- Emotional Intelligence
- Go With Your Gut
- Juggling Multiple Roles
- Learning Management Skills
- Moving Into Administration
- Resilience Pays
- Routines Help Productivity
- Social Marketing
- Staying in New Haven
- The Funding Treadmill
- The Interactive Approach