Enola K. Proctor, PhD
Dr. Proctor's research specialty is mental health and mental health service delivery. Specific areas of focus include community care, sectors of care, social services, and transitions across levels of care with a specific emphasis on research regarding the elderly. She has conducted research aimed at promoting implementation of evidence-based treatments in health, mental health, and social service settings and helped develop a system-level intervention for improving care for depressed older adults receiving publicly-funded long-term care services.
- Frank J. Bruno Professor, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis, MO
- Director, Center for Mental Health Services Research
- MSSW, 1973, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
- PhD, 1978, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Alegria, M., Wong, Y., Mulvaney-Day, N., Nillni, A., Proctor, E., Nickel, M.,...Wells, K. B. (2012). Community-based partnered research: New directions in mental health services research. RAND External Publication, 22(1), 2-16.
- Proctor, E. K., Powell, B. J., Baumann, A. A., Hamilton, A. M., & Santens, R. L., (2012). Writing implementation research grant proposals: Ten key ingredients. Implementation Science, 7, 96.
- Proctor, E., Silmere, H., Raghavan, R., Hovmand, P., Aarons, G., Bunger, A.,...Hensley, M. (2011). Outcomes for implementation research: Conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 38(2), 65-76.
- Hasche, L. K., Morrow-Howell, N., & Proctor, E. K., (2010). Quality of life outcomes for depressed and non-depressed older adults in community long term care. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 18(6), 544-553.
- Matthieu, M. M., Welch, B., Morrow-Howell, N., Proctor, E., Bruno, F. J., Nickel, M.,...Moon, A. (2010). Is veteran status and suicide risk assessed in community long-term care? A review of the states' assessment instruments. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, 40(2), 125-132.
- Begin with the Question of Cultural Fit
- Demonstrating the Value of Research
- Funding For Social Services Research
- Social Work's Role in Health Services
- Taking On Administrative Responsibilites
- Team Up with Data Experts
- Time Management Survival Kit