Mark Chavez, PhD
Dr. Chavez has been with the National Institute of Mental Health since 2000. He currently directs the Mood, Sleep, and Eating Disorders Research Program and the Experimental Therapeutics & Side Effects Program. His management areas include the Institution and Individual NRSA Research Training Programs, the NIMH Education awards, and the Mentored Research Career Development Programs.
- Associate Director for Research Training and Career Development, Division of Adult Translational Research & Treatment Development, National Institute of Mental Health
- PhD, University of Washington in Seattle
- Chavez, M., & Insel, T. R. (2007). Special issue on diagnosis and classification. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 40(Supl), S2.
- Chavez, M., & Insel, T. R. (2007). Eating disorders: National Institute of Mental Health's perspective. American Psychologist, 62(3), 159-166.
- Fenton, W. S., & Chavez, M. R. (2006). Medication-induced weight gain and dyslipidemia in patients with schizophrenia. American Journal of Psychiatry, 163(10), 1697-1704.
- NIH Early Career Funding
- Pathway to Independence (PI) Award
- The NIH Loan Repayment Program
- Tips for Submitting a Successful K Award Application